Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Survey: Which service do you use to shorten and share URLs?

Please follow THIS LINK and answer 3 quick questions about the service you use to shorten and share URLs. I'll publish the results as a comment to this post. Thank you in advance!

Backstory: I surveyed my Twitter traffic and counted 10 different services in use. I am referring to 3rd party service providers such as the original, Tiny URL, which launched in 2002, and all of its competitors. I am not talking about URLs generated internally by websites such as yfrog, twitpic, or plixi. This made me curious about whether people think one service provider is superior, and if so, why. I am asking this question and sharing the results as part of my attempt to stay on the right side of technology.

1 comment:

  1. I have learned a lot of good info from the survey responses and emails from respondents who explained why they do not use this service. Rather than publish the results as a comment to this post, the insights warrant a new blog entry, coming soon. Thanks to all who emailed, took the survey, or both!

    ReplyDelete