Tuesday, July 5, 2011

How well do you see color?



Online Color Challenge! Access the FM 100 Hue Test HERE

I did my best on the color test and scored a rather disappointing 70. While such a score indicates a relatively poor sense of color discrimination, I actually thought I had done MUCH better. I took my time and was sure I had missed very few, if any. I wonder how often a false sense of confidence colors my perception?

Hat tip to Yolanda who, since females typically perform much better than males on this test, cites it as evidence of female superiority.


As the father of two teen-aged daughters, I hope for their sake the answer to Yolanda's question is, "Yes, but just barely."  

2 comments:

  1. Scored an 11 - which is a good thing since I work with colors every day. Interesting test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retook the test on the same system and scored a much-better 35. Maybe I can get this down to a 17 next time? Ha!

    ReplyDelete