Saturday, December 3, 2011

Movember Gala Parte



Last night at about 11 pm I got a wild hair (ha!) and went to the Movember Gala Parte, and it was a blast! Held at the Rock n Roll Hotel on H St NE, the event was free for all who generated at least $100 in contributions for the men's health cause. So once again, to all my friends who generously contributed on my behalf, thank you!


In turn,  owe you all a good story about a night well spent celebrating manliness and healthiness.

I am really liking the scene in NE. Lots of small bars and clubs attract a college crowd. I felt a tad old for the scene, but I hid my age behind my moustache and enjoyed the DJ, the retro beer (PBR), and the dancing: hot Mo Sistas dancing with moustachioed Mo Bros under the colored lights. It was a festive costume affair. I wore my motorcycle jacket over the DC Brau moustache t-shirt, goggles, and a POW / MIA do-rag. So, basically, I just went as myself. I saw several cowboys, a disco king, plenty of gangsters, a fantastic Rollie Fingers look-alike, and of course the Mario Brothers. Ladies wore everything from Lady Gaga to Where's Waldo and of course the ever present little black number with pumps. 

It seems the moustache brings out the beast. Haa-oooooowl! Werewolves of London...  

So the hilarious part is that I thought the parte was Saturday night. Late Friday night I looked at the ticket and realized 2 Dec was (a) Friday, and (b) almost over! Fortunately, the venue is only 14 miles from my place, so I bolted. Also fortunate: the party went until 2 am. Finally, there was a parking space right in front, just waiting for me. Destiny...

Glad I went! Now I can get rid of this caterpillar on my lip--until next year!

Dear readers, I beg your indulgences in advance if you should happen to recognize any photos of your correspondent taken by strangers after midnight last night, such as which might appear in unsavory publications.

Now that I am clean-shaven again, I am positive my life will return to "normal."


With a hat tip, a deep bow, and sincere apologies to mcg, who may have already read a version of this story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment