Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Nepo's Awakening



I recommend Mark Nepo's wonderful book, The Book of Awakening: Having the Life You Want by Being Present to the Life You Have.

This book has changed my life. 

Nepo is a poet and philosopher who has infused his day-book with wisdom-filled epigraphs from many faith traditions, and spiced up each daily entry with homily-like stories from his own remarkable life. Each daily entry concludes with suggested meditation activities designed to connect inner and outer lives and increase awareness.  

Nepo's response to life's trials and tribulations gave me an example for managing my own journey when things got rough for me.  Each of us lives our own journey, shared directly with but a few and yet shared indirectly with all humanity. Seeing how Mark Nepo managed divorce, cancer, disappointment, and even despair gave me an example and even a companion.

I read this book every morning and LIVE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment