Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Caribbean Peanut Punch Recipe

You have got to try this!



I attended a Labor Day block party in my diverse Groveton Woods neighborhood. Everyone brought something to eat or drink. Abednego introduced me to Peanut Punch, a delicious and nutritious treat from his native St Thomas.

Hang with me, Peanut Punch tastes much better than it sounds!

Peanut Punch is a delicious island treat so packed with protein that some refer to it as an energy drink. Searching for the recipe, I learned that there are many variations. Served ice cold, this tasty beverage is sure to delight palates of all ages.

For adventurous adults, Peanut Punch is also the perfect base for an unforgettable island-themed cocktail. Rumor has it, Caribbean Peanut Punch is quite an aphrodisiac. (I imagine readers will devise their own method for confirming this rumor.)

Both recipes are shown below, lightly edited from the version I found on "...ology," a mixology site.

You have got to try this!

Peanut Punch 
Makes approximately 2 cups

Ingredients


  • 1/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
  • 1 1/2 Cups Almond Milk
  • 2 Tablespoons Honey
  • Cinnamon
  • Nutmeg
  • Vanilla extract

Directions


  • Place first 3 ingredients into a blender and blend for 30 seconds.
  • Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla to taste.
  • Pour over ice and serve.


Caribbean Peanut Punch Recipe
Makes 2-3 cocktails

Ingredients


  • 3 Ounces of Peanut Punch
  • 1 Ounce White Rum
  • Chocolate Syrup

Directions


  • In an ice filled shaker, add the Peanut Punch and white rum.
  • Shake vigorously.
  • Add stripes of chocolate syrup to the inside walls of a martini glass.
  • Pour contents of shaker into glasses and serve.



If you have had Peanut Punch before, please tell me about it in the comments! Share any recipe variations, too. I can imagine many variations of both recipes. I can imagine having lots of fun trying them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment