Monday, November 5, 2012

(MO)nday #1

First Monday in Movember

It's the first  of four Mondays in Movember and I offer this picture and my comments about the current state of my Movember Stache.

First of all, and most importantly, this moustache growing thing is for charity--to help raise awareness about men's health issues.

So with that being said, last year's effort was a fine, neatly-trimmed military standard moustache that raised a very admirable amount of awareness in the form of donations from friends and in conversations with curious co-workers. 

All good, but when I went to the Movember Parte, that grand and glorious celebration of all things MO at the Rock n Roll Hotel in DC, I felt my moustache was just not MO enough. It lacked a certain finesse. I mean, I saw guys with some pretty elaborate moustaches, and yeah, I was jealous. 

So this year, I am going BIG. I am going to make a statement about MO and mojo. I want to promote freedom from fear through facial follicles. I'm talking about the Audacity of BADASSITY. 

It's gonna look a little like THIS:




  

5 comments:

  1. Looking good Dave! By the end of the month, you will be one of Garabaldi's 1000 - like the guy in the photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's my goal and ambition, Angelo. The thing is, I have no idea how to do the curls. Ha! Since the age of 18, I have only been to military barbers. I feel my grooming skills could use some work if I am going to rock the curly handlebar 'stache and forked soul patch at the Movember Parte. I wonder what kind of moustache wax that brigadier used? ROTC Joe was a master of the burr cut, but I bet he didn't get many questions about taming a wild moustache!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He might have used olive oil too - but certainly seems like wax is in order. What did Rollie Fingers use? That should be googleable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Q: What do you use?

      A: Just mustache wax. Pinaud Clubman Moustache Wax. It takes about 15 seconds. And I’m done. If it took any longer than that, I’d shave it off [laughs].

      http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Rollie-Fingers-spends-15-seconds-each-day-waxi?urn=mlb-327242

      Delete