|wishing you love and light - Ordinary Courage|
I love the look of Dr. Brene Brown's blog, Ordinary Courage, as well as the uplifting message in this post, "wishing you love and light,"published December 18.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Please read the entire post and not just the excerpt here. H/T: Jane for bringing this light to my attention.
In this world,hate never yet dispelled hate.Only love dispels hate.This is the law, ancient and inexhaustible
On December 14, 2012, Adam Peter Lanza, age 20, fatally shot twenty children and six adult staff members and wounded two at Sandy Hook Elementary School in the Sandy Hook village of Newtown, Connecticut. Before driving to the school, he had shot and killed his mother, Nancy Lanza, at their Newtown home.After killing the students and staff members, Lanza committed suicide by shooting himself in the head as first responders arrived. --Wikipedia
- Vengeance, such as screening and "pre-treating" potential murderers?
- Vigilance, such as armed guards in schools, and teachers with pistols in the classroom?
- Regulation to limit the freedom of law-abiding citizens?
- Resignation to the flaws of human nature?
- Some combination of the above?
- Something else not yet mentioned?