Sunday, January 27, 2013

World Map Composed of Flags?


Mosaic World Map


I found this creative world map here.


Hongkiat describes the work as a mosaic of flags, which is an idea that appeals to me. Unfortunately, that is not an accurate description of the work. Fortunately, Hongkiat was careful to cite the original source, Genista.


Genista offers a detailed look at the tiles that compose the world map, as well as a link to the color sorting program that arranged the tiles in an optimal map. Have a look here.


I find the work of Genista and the Long Line collaborators endlessly fascinating and I'm delighted to share this with PhilosFX readers.


But I still want to see a world map that really IS composed of Flags...




2 comments:

  1. I quite like reading an article that can make men and women think.
    Also, thanks for permitting me to comment!
    my site > location voiture particulier 1 semaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete